After finishing the HSM fundamentals I decided it would be a good idea to focus on my biggest weakness, namely lighting and materials. Definitely feel like I've improved, using things such as HDRIs, procedural textures and the Filmic Log Encoding Base. Naturally it has its faults, like the scratches being *way* too overbearing and the ladder looking rather bad as it was just something I threw together in a couple of minutes to make it slightly more interesting to look at, or how the floor is only a slightly edited grey diffuse. I also couldn't decide if I preferred the scene with or without my compositor edits so I decided to upload both.
As always feedback and critique - however harsh - is welcome and if you can offer solutions to the problems that would be even better. Hoping to get my hands on Substance Painter and Designer in the near-ish future so I can take my textures to the next level. Thanks for having a looksie and I wish you all the best of luck!
- Status: Final