Want to try this Resource?
Check out the about tab below and start learning on CG Cookie today.Get Started
Eevee Glass Shader
Render great looking glass in real time with Eevee!
The reason most glass doesn't render well in Eevee is that it can't handle multiple layers of refractions. You'll only see the front faces and any other refractive objects behind it will be invisible.
The CGC Eevee Glass shader doesn't fix that fundamental issue, but it does cleverly disguise it by giving you more control over which parts of your object are refractive or simply transparent. The result is glass that is much more believable!
To use the CGC Eevee Glass Shader, download the .blend file using the cloud download icon above. Then,
- Append the shader to your scene by going to File / Append, navigating to the CGC_Eevee-glass.blend file, choosing 'NodeTree', and then selecting 'CGC Eevee Glass'.
- In the Shader Editor, add the node by going to Add / Group / CGC Eevee Glass
- Make sure both the Blend Mode and the Shadow Mode for the material are set to Alpha Hashed
- Make sure that Backface Culling is off and that the Refraction Depth is set to 0.
- Turn on Refraction in both the material settings and in the render properties under Screen Space Reflections
For documentation, refer to the video above or the Blender Market docs: https://blendermarket.com/products/all-purpose-eevee-glass-shader/docs