Lets Create Terrain!
In this course you'll learn how to manually create terrain using the terrain tool set. Learning how to build terrain can be invaluable for creating the different environments for your game. This course is designed to teach you the basics from the ground up starting with the terrain settings down to the use of heightmaps for added customization. In this course we'll cover:
- Using brushes to sculpt and modify the geometry of terrain
- Adding color with high resolution texture maps
- Creating and using Wind Zones for trees
- Importing and Creating raw heightmap files in Photoshop
- Using detail meshes for things like rocks or grass
This will require a hands on approach to building terrain as the terrain included within the project files will be in it's finished state. The project files include two different types of terrain; a mountain landscape with a forest and a beach island with palm trees and water. If you're looking to get started with terrain generation in Unity then this is the course for you.