Let Build a Multiplayer Game!
In this lesson, we'll dive into the world of multiplayer for Unity. We'll be using Unity's built-in networking components and go over how we can create a simple party game known as Hungry Hungry Monsters for both online and local multiplayer. This is an intermediate course and will focus on the multiplayer aspects of what you need to build your own. In this course you'll learn how to:
- Build an offline game scene
- Join and Host games locally and online
- Build Network Characters that are synced across the network
- Update a UI system for displaying points and character icons
- Displaying a win or lose state for each player when the game is over
- Building a custom network UI HUD that will act as our main menu
With these fundamentals taught it'll give you a great starting point of how you can not only build a multiplayer game from the ground up but also give you an idea of how you can also modify your single player game to include multiplayer with a few changes to your game.